The chair for Business and Personnel Economics at the University of Zurich together with the Swiss Leading House "Economics of Vocational and Professional Education and Training (VPET Economics)" offers a position for a PhD student (research assistant) in Economics of Education for three to four years starting immediately or by agreement. The chair is part of the Institute of Business Administration at the University of Zurich, one of the leading research and teaching institutions in the German-speaking world.
You will work on empirical projects on economics of education and personnel economics. The projects are linked to the Leading House VPET-Economics and the Chair of Business and Personnel Economics. You will have access to an excellent national and international network of scholars and work in a dynamic team with a great support culture.
You participate in the international course program for Doctoral students in Economics of Education, including a variety of professional development activities and ample opportunities to participate in international conferences. You will also participate in teaching activities and organizational tasks such as organizing international workshops or conferences.
Your qualifications and interests:
• University degree with very good results, preferably in business administration or economics but also other empirically oriented social sciences such as sociology, political sciences. or psychology.
• Interest in economics of education and/or personnel economics
• Very good econometric knowledge and/or an interest in expanding existing knowledge
• Commitment and independent working style
• Ability to work in a team
• Basic knowledge of German, very good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Interesting dissertation topics as part of your project work
• Participation in a structured doctoral program in economics of education
• Annual gross salary of approx. CHF 63’000 (salary according with cantonal guidelines)
Interested? Please send your complete application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, academic certificates and references) in one document by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. U. Backes- Gellner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Document review will start toward the end of May 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact Dr. Simone Tuor Sartore (email@example.com).