We frequently offer new topics for bachelor and master theses. Our resources are however limited, as we endeavor to offer really top-notch supervision of your thesis. For this reason, it will be necessary for you to apply for a topic and/or put yourself on our waiting list.
Requirements for Bachelor and and Master Theses
- We recommend the participation in our classes "Marketing Analytics I" and "A non-technical introduction to R".
- A solid knowledge of statistics and quantitative methods.
- The capability to work with a standard statistical software packages, such as R or Python.
- Interest in applied work with real data.
- Curiosity, motivation, inquisitiveness, tenacity and discipline.
- Thesis is written in English, exceptionally in German.
What we offer:
- A strong emphasis on research.
- A real challenge.
- Practical work mostly with real data.
- An advisor.
- Article-style theses.
Thorough inspection for plagiarism or other forms of fraud behavior.
If you are interested to write a thesis at our chair, please apply with
- A letter of motivation
- Your detailed CV
- Transcript of records
- Read our ‘Hands-On Scientific Writing’ guide again and check that everything conforms with our guide.
- Be careful with your deadlines.
- Submit bounded paper in duplicate.
- Add a CD with the following material:
- your text as .doc,
- your data as .xls or .csv
- all your pictures as .tiff, RAW, or .jpeg with copyright statements,
- all articles you used in your thesis as .pdf following our naming standard
- a Citavi file containing all references of your thesis
- an abstract in German and English of your thesis
- a .ppt file (max. 10 slides) with problem, theory, methodology, results and implications of your thesis.
- a declaration that your abstracts and .ppt files may be published (naming you as author) on our webspace.