(fall semester lecture)
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.“A. Einstein
- By modeling the Marketing-Mix the relationship between Marketing spending and a company's development is investigated across time.
- The Marketing-Mix incorporates qualitative-, quantitative- and temporal combinations of Marketing instruments, with which a company aims to tackle their Marketing goals.
- Through a detailed analysis of Marketing spending in the past and business development, one can disentangle successful practices from unsuccessful ones.
Marketing-Mix-Modeling helps Managers to solve the puzzle of optimal resource allocations in Marketing spending.
Bachelor students, assigned to “Wahlpflichtbereich BWL 4”
Each fall semester
Work load statement:
|Course attendance||2 lectures à 45min per week||21h|
|Lecture preparation||2h per week, 14 weeks||28h|
|Literature study||2h per week, 14 weeks||28h|
Regression analysis to investigate optimal Pricing strategies.
Maximum-Likelihood-Method to perform Choice-Based-Conjoint analysis to investigate customer preferences.
Structural Equation Models to capture endogeneity in the Marketing Mix.
- Does spending on advertisement determine revenues or vice versa, do revenues determine spending on advertisement?
- Do revenues determine the price or vice versa, does the price determine the revenues?
Leeflang, P.S.H. / Wittink, D.R. / Wedel, M. / Naert, P.A. : „Building Models for Marketing Decisions”, Springer, 2000
Backhaus, K., Erichson, B., Plinke, W., Weiber, R.: „Multivariate Analysemethoden“, Springer, 2011
Wierenga, B. „Handbook of Marketing Decision Models“, Springer, 2008
Assessment, Marketing Analytics I
Join our courses and make up your mind if you want to participate. Then officially register using the “Buchungstool” and the registration tools at the University of Zurich.
Final exam, anticipated date: 28.05.2019 tbc!
Dates and Location:
Tuesdays between 19.02.2019 - 28.05.2019
12:15 - 14:45
Location: KO2 F 150
Location Exam: (4.6.19, 12:15 - 13:45): KO2 F 174
Please find more detailed information about the location of this course in the "Vorlesungsverzeichnis" of the University of Zurich.
Don’t forget to officially register yourself using the registration tools at the University of Zurich.
This information in the syllabus supports the official information in the electronic university calendar (VVZ – Vorlesungsverzeichnis). In cases of doubt, the official information at the VVZ is valid.
The Syllabus will be available soon