Assistant Professor at Rotterdam School of Management
11/2016 - 03/2018
|Visiting scholar at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford on a scholarship by the Swiss National Science Foundation.|
|03/2015 - 10/2016||Visiting scholar at Cass Business School, City University London on a scholarship by the Swiss National Science Foundation.|
|04/2009 - 02/2015||PhD student in Business Administration under the supervision of Prof. Andreas Georg Scherer. Funding by the “University Research Priority Program Ethics”.|
|09/2009 - 07/2012||M.A. in banking & finance at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.|
|01/2008 - 08/2008||Civil service at the “NCCR North-South” at the University of Bern, Switzerland.|
|10/2000 - 12/2007||M.A. in philosophy at the University of Basel, Switzerland.|
- Business ethics
- Corporate social responsibility
- Critical management studies
- Financial regulation
- Philosophy of science (pragmatism)
- Socially responsible investing
- Marti, E., & Gond, J.-P. 2018. When do theories become self-fulfilling? Exploring the boundary conditions of performativity. Academy of Management Review, 43(3): 487-508.
- Schneider, A., Wickert, C., & Marti, E. 2017. Reducing complexity by creating complexity: A systems theory perspective on how organisations respond to their environments. Journal of Management Studies, 54(2): 182–208.
- Marti, E., & Scherer, A. G. 2016. Financial regulation and social welfare: The critical contribution of management theory. Academy of Management Review, 41(2): 298–323.