(Spring semester, seminar)
In this course, we’ll focus on personal branding through internet and social media tools. Personal branding is an important tool for individuals, jobseekers and young startup companies to define, communicate and sell their strongest attributes and uniqueness to a target audience. Becoming a brand on social media seems to be an important first step today to become a thought leader in one specific field.
This seminar is a follow-up course to the Personal Branding and Digital Marketing class offered each fall and offers a highly specialized setting for a smaller number of students to work and improve their personal brands. The focus of this seminar is on the marketing, the creativity and branding perspectives, not on legal or funding topics. By the end of the seminar, students should have a digital marketing toolbox of ideas on how to further improve their personal brands.
Prof. Dr. René Algesheimer and Alex Mari
BA students, assigned to “Wahlpflichtbereich BWL 4”
- In this course, we profoundly analyze the status-quo of student’s personal brand.
- Using a new ideation tool, students will collaborately develop ideas for each brand.
- Based on the feedback, students have the chance to improve the marketability of the brand, and/or get ready for a launch.
To be announced
- Successful participation in the Personal Branding and Digital Marketing class
- Students watched the teaching video material from the Personal Branding and Digital Marketing class.
- Students need to have a personal brand developed and have access to all required digital platforms.
Only students who have successfully passed the 'Personal Branding and Digital Marketing' exam can apply. Students FIRST have to apply to the seminar before officially booking to the course.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the following documents:
a) Motivation letter;
b) Presentation of the state of the art of your brand;
c) Expected achievements as of July 2021 (draft).
Application Deadline: February, 12th, 2021
Participation, discussion, oral presentation, and written documentation.
Dates and Location
1st: Feb 17, 2021, 9h-18h
2nd: Feb 18, 2021, 9-18h
3rd: May 11, 2021, 16-18h
4th: June 15, 2021, 16-18h
Location: AND. TBA!
Please visit our website at www.market-research.uzh.ch for current information and details about the course.
Don’t forget to officially register yourself using Buchungstool at the University of Zurich.
The information in the syllabus supports the official information in the electronic university calendar (VVZ – Vorlesungsverzeichnis). In case of doubt, the official information at the VVZ is valid.
Syllabus and Trailer:
The Syllabus is available here (PDF, 102 KB).