(fall semester, lecture)
Today, the Internet and a plethora of social media platforms and applications offer various possibilities to build brands and market their value. These tools help to differentiate a brand from its competitors, communicate its unique selling proposition (USP) and position it to target audiences. Therefore, understanding the mechanisms of digital marketing is core to today’s marketing discipline. This course should therefore be seen as essential course not only for every marketing student, but probably for every student in management.
In this course, we’ll focus on personal branding through internet and social media tools. Personal branding is an important tool for individuals, jobseekers and young startup companies to define, communicate and sell their strongest attributes and uniqueness to a target audience. Becoming a brand on social media seems to be an important first step today to become a thought leader in one specific field.
Let’s go digital!
Prof. Dr. René Algesheimer, Radu Tanase
TA: Cindy Candrian and Alex Mari
BA students, assigned to “Wahlpflichtbereich BWL 4”
In this course, we:
- discuss personal brands as important professional asset
- talk about different branding strategies and how to align them with a professional career or business objectives
- emphasize how social tools can be used to self-organize and manage your brand building
- set-up a social media ecosystem consisting of several platforms that supports the brand building process
- introduce platforms and tools to feed, grow, automate and analyze social media accounts
- lay our hands-on our own brands, i.e. this course is set-up in a way to work as semester workshop in which students can apply all learned principles, week-by-week to their own brand, blog, or website.
Some platforms to be covered in this course are: Twitter, Facebook and Facebook Ad, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Analytics, Buffer, Hootsuite, IFTTT, Fiverr and many others.
A reader with required articles is handed-out in class.
Interest in Internet and Social Media Marketing
Don’t forget to officially register yourself using the registration tools at the University of Zurich.
Multiple Choice Exam. Written Documentation
Dates and Location:
Tuesdays 15.9, 22.9 and 29.9: 16:15 - 20:00
Exercises in week 6.10 - 13.10 (no class)
Tuesdays, 20.10 - 15.12: 16:15 - 18:00
Location: ONLINE class, also please see http://www.vorlesungen.uzh.ch
Exam: 19.01.2021 (16:00 - 18:00)
Please visit our website at www.market-research.uzh.ch for current information and details about the course.
Don’t forget to officially register yourself using Buchungstool at the University of Zurich.
The information in the syllabus supports the official information in the electronic university calendar (VVZ – Vorlesungsverzeichnis). In case of doubt, the official information at the VVZ is valid.
Syllabus and Trailer: