Thank you to all the speakers and participants!
The research evidence indicates that engaging doctors in leadership and management of healthcare organizations improves patient care and organizational performance. This second workshop on physician leadership will present the evidence for medical leadership, explore efforts to motivate and support doctors into leadership positions, discuss how to train doctors for leadership positions, and identify further research opportunities.
Dates & Location
The workshop will take place on November 17th (3 p.m. to 7 p.m.) and 18th (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.) at the University of Zurich. The address is Rämistrasse 59, 8001 Zurich (Switzerland).
The workshop brings together physicians and management faculty to address key issues in the health care and clinician management. Our speakers include:
- Kirsten Amit (COO UK’s Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management)
- Prof. Dr. med. Rifat Atun (Harvard University)
- Prof. Dr. med. Beatrice Beck Schimmer (University Hospital Zurich)
- Prof. Dr. med. Ian Curran (UK General Medical Council)
- Charisse Jimenez (Texas Health Resources)
- Dr. med. Wouter A. Keijser (University of Twente)
- Prof. Dr. med. Jürg Kesselring (Clinic Valens)
- Dr. med. Peter Lees (UK’s Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management)
- Prof. Dr. Federico Lega (Bocconi University)
- Prof. Dr. med. Fiona Mason (Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Andrew Oswald (University of Warwick)
- Dr. med. Dimitri Raptis (University Hospital Zurich)
- Dr. med. Guido Schüpfer (Canton Hospital Lucerne)
The complete workshop program can be found here (PDF, 140 KB). Please be aware that last minute changes to the program might be necessary.
Please Register Here
Participation is free of charge, drinks and snacks are provided.
If you would like to register, please use this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, affiliation and which dates you will be attending (both workshop days, only the 17th, only the 18th).
You can download the flyer for the event here (PDF, 218 KB).
For further information please contact Agnes Bäker (email@example.com).