|Since 11/2016||Visiting scholar at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford on a scholarship by the Swiss National Science Foundation.|
|03/2015 - 10/2016||Visiting scholar at Cass Business School, City University London on a scholarship by the Swiss National Science Foundation.|
|04/2009 - 02/2015||PhD student in Business Administration under the supervision of Prof. Andreas Georg Scherer. Funding by the “University Research Priority Program Ethics”.|
|09/2009 - 07/2012||M.A. in banking & finance at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.|
|01/2008 - 08/2008||Civil service at the “NCCR North-South” at the University of Bern, Switzerland.|
|10/2000 - 12/2007||M.A. in philosophy at the University of Basel, Switzerland.|
- Business ethics
- Corporate social responsibility
- Critical management studies
- Financial regulation
- Philosophy of science (pragmatism)
- Socially responsible investing
- Schneider, A., Wickert, C., & Marti, E. 2015. Reducing complexity by creating complexity: A systems theory perspective on how organisations respond to their environments. Journal of Management Studies: forthcoming.
- Marti, E., & Scherer, A. G. 2016. Financial regulation and social welfare: The critical contribution of management theory. Academy of Management Review, forthcoming: doi: 10.5465/amr.2013.0469.
- Emilio Marti (2013), “Investing for a property-owning democracy? Towards a philosophical analysis of investment practices”, in: Analyse & Kritik, 35(2), pp. 219–236.
- Andreas Georg Scherer and Emilio Marti (2012), “The Normative Foundation of Finance: How Misunderstanding the Role of Financial Theories Distorts the Way We Think about the Responsibility of Financial Economists”, in: Learning from Global Financial Crisis: Building the Future Creatively, Reliably, and Sustainably, Paul Shrivastava and Matt Statler (Eds.), Stanford: Stanford University Press (pp. 260–290).
- Current working papers at SSRN see here